Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LA garment distric or bust

First I will say I have been sick as a dog since last week, sinus infection. I am feeling almost human again.







Any whooo I got a bug up my butt to go to LA and see what wonderful bargain's I could get. So after sitting in traffic for 2 hrs I finally arrived in the beautiful city of Los Angeles. When I started getting close to my destination I could see the streets lined with fabric bolts. I was very excited. I park my car in a lot about a block from Michael Levines (my destination) the elevator is broken so a rush to follow 2 ladies down the stairs. I have a thing about stair wells in yucky cities. I just got my claire pattern in the mail so my quest was for cottons and knits. I go into the store and am amazed at all the wonderful fabric. I eyed one of the fabrics I have been wanting and this is where the whole trip turns in a BUST the price was the same as any retail fabric store. I will say they had every current fabric you could want. So needless to say I didn't get much. I will say that the other stores have great prices on synthetic materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment